[Virtualacorn-list] VRPC on a USB drive

David Pitt mac at pittdj.co.uk
Fri Aug 26 22:48:54 BST 2011

Dave Symes, on 26 Aug, wrote:

> VRPC Adjust-SA on XP SP-3
>
> I have a legit copy of VRPC installed on my big beast PC, it acts as a
> Mirror of this SARPC and it works correctly.
>
> The HD on the beast is now getting on a bit, and while I have backups of
> the stuff on it, I'm not that bothered about the Win stuff.
>
> However, I want to move the VRPC stuff from the Beast HD to a USB drive
> (attached to the Beast so still using the same network card) which will
> only be used for VRPC stuff.
>
> I've moved literally, the whole VRPC structure to the USB drive, but it
> will not run. Producing the following:
>
> "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file You may not have
> the appropriate permissions to acces the item."
>
> 1) Will VRPC run from a USB drive?

The answer is yes, here at least.

Nothing much to the move. I tried a FAT32 USB pen and an NTFS USB drive, in
case that has anything to do with anything. It is a Windows 7 job.

'mount 0' in Model.cfg needs updating to point to moved HardDisc4. (There
may be hard wired filenames within !Boot containing the old drive name.)

--
David Pitt
iMac, Lion, MessengerPro 2.68.0