[Virtualacorn-list] VRPC on a USB drive

Mik Towse mik.towse at xemik.com
Fri Aug 26 21:38:30 BST 2011

In article <5208df82b5dave at triffid.co.uk> Dave Symes  wrote:

> VRPC Adjust-SA on XP SP-3
[snip]
> I've moved literally, the whole VRPC structure to the USB drive, but it
> will not run.
> Producing the following:
>
> "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file You may not have
> the appropriate permissions to acces the item."
[snip]
I suspect your registry entries are now invalid. Have you tried re-installing
VRPC to the new drive?

I have done similar to you, but opted for a different approach. I left VRPC
installed on C:\ & moved all the VRPC drives to the USB HD. It was then sa
very simple matter of updating the paths to the drives.

--
Mik Towse * mik.towse at xemik.com * http://www.xemik.co.uk/
My writers' site can be found at: http://www.lexis.org.uk

xemik.net - cost effective web hosting : http://xemik.net

Traveler, there is no path, paths are made by walking.