[Virtualacorn-list] VRPC on a USB drive

T.O.M.S. toms at ndirect.co.uk
Fri Aug 26 17:34:16 BST 2011

Hi

At 16:37 on 26 Aug, Dave Symes dave at triffid.co.uk asked:

>  1) Will VRPC run from a USB drive?

I've just successfully fired up a full VirtualRPC-AdjustSA
installation on a 4GB SDHC card stuffed into a netbook running Windows
XP with SP3.

The VirtualRPC + RISC OS + own goodies installation is a mirror image
of what's on a ditto big beast PC, contained in a folder which is
*NOT* compressed. Only the unlock code is different.

So the answer looks to be Yes. The only difference against your setup
seems to be  that no network card is involved.

I've asked around the office and we have no idea what the error
message might mean, sorry.

HTH, regards

Alex Hamilton
pp T.O.M.S.