[Virtualacorn-list] VRPC on a USB drive

Dave Symes dave at triffid.co.uk
Fri Aug 26 16:37:19 BST 2011

VRPC Adjust-SA on XP SP-3

I have a legit copy of VRPC installed on my big beast PC, it acts as a
Mirror of this SARPC and it works correctly.

The HD on the beast is now getting on a bit, and while I have backups of
the stuff on it, I'm not that bothered about the Win stuff.

However, I want to move the VRPC stuff from the Beast HD to a USB drive
(attached to the Beast so still using the same network card) which will
only be used for VRPC stuff.

I've moved literally, the whole VRPC structure to the USB drive, but it
will not run.
Producing the following:

"Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file You may not have
the appropriate permissions to acces the item."

1) Will VRPC run from a USB drive?

2) Any idea what the above means?

3) So as not to confuse matters I'll *not* list the things I have tried to
sort this problem.

Thanks
Dave

--