[Virtualacorn-list] Update HostFS

David Pitt pittdj at pittdj.co.uk
Mon Nov 29 18:03:45 GMT 2010

sdhull at btinternet.com wrote:

> In message <517dac1eacdave at triffid.co.uk>
>           Dave Symes <dave at triffid.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > Anyone else been to the VRPC site recently and attempted to download the
> > "VirtualRPC-AdjustSA HostFS update Jan 2009"?
> >
> > My laptop HD failed a couple of weeks ago, now replaced, and everything
> > reinstalled, including the VirtualRPC-AdjustSA, I now need to apply the
> > above noted update, but clicking the link doesn't present the
> > "hostfsjan2009.zip" file, instead it re-directs to an advert about the
> > now defunct 'Foundation RISCWorld magazine'. I have emailed Aaron, but
> > no reply...
> >
> > I was just wondering if it was a NetSurf glitch, but have now tried on a
> > PC using both Firefox and MIE, both latest releases. No change.

> Dave, I have a backup file of this Jan 2009 folder if you wish me to email
> it to you, it wont help with the website download, but you'll at least get
> the file straightaway,

Looking back through my browser history I find the zip URL on the Virtual
Acorn site is still as it was when it worked for me on the 18th of November.
Now I get the RISCWorld page.

Using Safari on the Mac, from page :-

http://www.virtualacorn.co.uk/dloadpage/varpcadjsa.htm

right click on the link the select "Save linked file to "Downloads"" and it
does just that. This is of course completely useless as the download is not
required for the Mac VRPC. More usefully Firefox, on Windows 7, permits the
same thing, right click on the link and then "Save Link As..."

--
David Pitt