[Virtualacorn-list] Windows panes flashing under dead full-screen RO

David Pitt pittdj at pittdj.co.uk
Sat Nov 20 09:25:08 GMT 2010

Chris Hughes <chris at noonehere.co.uk> wrote:

> In message <mpro.lc5k0t0017a3301yw.pittdj at pittdj.co.uk>
>           David Pitt <pittdj at pittdj.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > Chris Hughes <chris at noonehere.co.uk> wrote:

[snip]

> > > That sounds like a video driver issue. Are you using the latest
> > > drivers?
>
> > It is a driver issue and yes I am on the latest version. This machine, a
> > Toshiba Qosmio G40, was always problematic in its Vista days, I had
> > thought that Windows 7 had resolved this issue. However I rather think I
> > may have shot myself in the foot when on finding another machine
> > required XP compatibility to be disabled I did the same to this one.
> > Whether this has any relevance to what happens when something kicks VRPC
> > out of full screen mode remains to be seen.
>

> The latest nVidea drivers I can see for you are 25th Oct 2010 direct from
> nVidea (32bit or 64 bit version). New version 260.99. Toshiba should be
> offering these drivers as well on their website.

For my (obsolete?) machine Toshiba are offering 8.1.11.8691, 10/09/2009,
which is what I have.

I tried 260.99 from nVidia, installation failed due to incompatible graphics
hardware, which is slightly odd because my syastem did appear to be in the
compatibility list.

Thanks for the pointer.

--
David Pitt