[Virtualacorn-list] Windows panes flashing under dead full-screen RO

Roger Darlington rogerarm at freeuk.com
Fri Nov 19 09:36:36 GMT 2010

On 18 Nov 2010, charles  wrote:
> On 18 Nov, Roger Darlington <rogerarm at freeuk.com> wrote:

> [Snip]

>> But where is this WinXP compatibility mode setting? (and do I need to
>> set this when I'm using Win7 - that is -  if Andrew Rawnsley has not
>> already set it - and I have no reason to suppose he omitted this
>> (apparently vital) step).

> Right click on the file icon and select "properties". On the resulting
> window select the compatability tab.  then adjust properties as required.

Er, sorry to be so stupid, which 'file icon' are we talking about
here? That top-left on the 'Computer' window. That on the
'Virtual-Acorn' folder? That on 'model.cfg' file? That on all files?
That on the VA-RPC window (right-clicking on that does nothing here).

Whichever 'File icon' I right-click on, I cannot find a
'compatibility' tab.

> and if this is a computer supplied by R-Comp - why aren't you asking for
> help from Andrew?  That is part of what you paid him for, after all.

Good question.

Andrew doesn't know everything. The red swirling line problem (as
demonstrated most easily in Draw and other programs) still has him
stumped, for instance.

Also, if I didn't ask here, other people would never get to hear of
the Ghost RO windows fault condition I am talking about...

And if I didn't ask here, and it turns out somehow to be a fault in
VA, it might never get fixed...  Andrew wouldn't be able to fix it,
for instance. But Aaron might.

--

Cheers
Roger