[Virtualacorn-list] Windows panes flashing under dead full-screen RO

Jeremy Nicoll - ml virtualacorn jn.ml.vac.83 at wingsandbeaks.org.uk
Wed Nov 17 21:11:41 GMT 2010

Alan Adams <alan at adamshome.org.uk> wrote:

> The point is that alt-enter is processed by Windows, which tells the
> application to toggle between full-screen and windowed mode. It works
> with other programs as well.

I happen to have been looking for a list of shortcuts for things in Windows
Explorer tonight and noticed that, if an object is selected in WE, Alt Enter
is a shortcut for displaying that object's properties.

It is normal if you've started VRPC from a shortcut for that shortcut to be
selected, at least until you do something else in WE.

It's possible that an alt-enter is having the intended effect in WE if
somehow the VRPC app has lost focus, which it might have done if there's
been (first) a pop-up/alert from some app on the Windows side. Of course one
would expect then that the alert-generating app would have focus.  But if WE
can use Alt-Enter as a shortcut presumably other apps can too.