[Virtualacorn-list] Windows panes flashing under dead full-screen RO

Chris Hughes chris at noonehere.co.uk
Mon Nov 15 16:10:03 GMT 2010

In message <d6979c7651.rogerarm at rogerarm.freeuk.com>
          Roger Darlington <rogerarm at freeuk.com> wrote:

> I am using Windows 7 64 bit version and VA-RPC Adjust 4.39 with ARM
> 7500 core.

> A much more serious anomaly sometimes afflicts this set-up.

> Sometimes, for apparently no? reason, the full-screen RO window
> becomes completely dead, and if you click anywhere on the screen, then
> momentarily the Windows panes underneath become temporarily visible: a
> momentary flash of the windows. Unfortunately, you have to be
> exceedingly careful where you click on the RO desktop when it is like
> this, because although the RO is completely dead, the Windows
> furniture underneath it isn't!

There is always a reason.

> There seems to be no way out of this situation. All RO furniture is
> dead, nothing does anying when you click on it, but all the momentary
> visible windows underneath it are alive!

yes there is away out of this. Press ALT-ENTER/RETURN key together
this pushes the VA full screen into a normal Winodws window and then
do ALT -ENTER/RETURN again and you are back to normal. Its some
background task on windows causing issuew (Zone Alarm was a regular
cause of this or some other urgent update notification)

> This may be related to UniPrint somehow?

Unlikely

> I don't know how to work UniPrint (I have no instructions) and
> occasionally I seem to activate it un--awares without knowing. This
> kills RO leaving the RO window on top of live windows underneath, just
> as described above.

Why not ask R-Comp for another copy of the instructions, they are
usually supplied as text files with the updates anyway.

> ALT-RET does nothing.
> ALT-Gr-BRK does nothing.

Wrong keys to press...... see above.

> The only thing I can seem to do in this situation is to CTRL-ALT-DEL.
> Not a very satisfactory state of affairs.

See above.

> What is going on?

You need to sort out getting the UniPrint instructions you don't say
which version you have?

> I assume it is a bug, because if it's a feature, then its a feature I
> could very well do without. But where is the bug? Windows 7? UniPrint.
> VA?

Its not a bug really but an interaction between Windows and a full
screen VA windows application. VA is just an application running on
Windows.

--
Chris Hughes