[Virtualacorn-list] Windows panes flashing under dead full-screen RO

Roger Darlington rogerarm at freeuk.com
Mon Nov 15 15:20:49 GMT 2010

I am using Windows 7 64 bit version and VA-RPC Adjust 4.39 with ARM
7500 core.

A much more serious anomaly sometimes afflicts this set-up.

Sometimes, for apparently no? reason, the full-screen RO window
becomes completely dead, and if you click anywhere on the screen, then
momentarily the Windows panes underneath become temporarily visible: a
momentary flash of the windows. Unfortunately, you have to be
exceedingly careful where you click on the RO desktop when it is like
this, because although the RO is completely dead, the Windows
furniture underneath it isn't!

There seems to be no way out of this situation. All RO furniture is
dead, nothing does anying when you click on it, but all the momentary
visible windows underneath it are alive!

This may be related to UniPrint somehow?

I don't know how to work UniPrint (I have no instructions) and
occasionally I seem to activate it un--awares without knowing. This
kills RO leaving the RO window on top of live windows underneath, just
as described above.

ALT-RET does nothing.
ALT-Gr-BRK does nothing.

The only thing I can seem to do in this situation is to CTRL-ALT-DEL.
Not a very satisfactory state of affairs.

What is going on?

I assume it is a bug, because if it's a feature, then its a feature I
could very well do without. But where is the bug? Windows 7? UniPrint.
VA?

--

Cheers
Roger