[Virtualacorn-list] Failed to create primary surface

Vince M Hudd vince at softrock.co.uk
Sun Jan 3 00:09:10 GMT 2010

stephen.hull at btinternet.com wrote:
> In message <50d37acff3j.mccartney at blueyonder.co.uk>
>           John McCartney <j.mccartney at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

[...]

> > Once you have opted to send a reply, can you not delete those elements
> > of the digest which you don't want to appear in your reply? I see you
> > are using Messenger Pro and I can't believe that it's any less capable
> > than Pluto (which I use) in this area.

> This was the initial problem John because I could not see ALL the messages
> when editing them, only the first two messages out of the seven where
> actually shown.

Not being a Messenger Pro user, I can only speculate - but when a mailing
list is sent out as a digest, partial headers are included for each message
*within* the digest. It might be that Messenger Pro was thrown by this, and
became slightly confuzzled, thinking there was no more to the digest after a
particular header subset.

There may (or may not) be a difference between Pluto and Messenger Pro here
- Jonathan built a facility into Pluto to split digests into individual
messages if that option was chosen for any given mailing list; it's possible
that Messenger Pro doesn't have such an option (or that Stephen just isn't
aware of it).

However, while all of this is relevant to the running of the list, it has no
relevance to the actual VirtualAcorn issue originally being discussed!

--
Vince M Hudd - Soft Rock Software
http://www.softrock.co.uk