[Virtualacorn-list] Primary Surface problem fixed (almost)

Barry Punchard barry.punchard at btinternet.com
Thu Apr 8 07:32:28 BST 2010

On 6 Apr          barry.punchard at btinternet.com wrote:

> I don't know if this has been reported before, but I recently downloaded a
> new Graphics Card driver (Nvidia GeForce 9600 M GT card) for my hp dv5
> laptop and mostly it has fixed the 'failed to produce primary surface'
> problem I have had since owing this laptop and installing
> VirtualRPC-AdjustSA.
>
> It always failed every time when put to sleep when the VRPC is in a
> window.  Now it almost never does.  Anyone else found a fix like this?

Following on from this, although it is true that it has totally fixed the
restart from Sleep when in a window, the Hibernate doesn't work. I didn't
notice this before as I never use Hibernate, only Sleep, so I don't know
what it did with the old driver.

If I use Hibernate now from full screen all is OK on restart.  If used
when in a window, it comes back with a black rectangle where the screen
was.  That is, there is not even the windows window border and icons like
when it used to fail from sleep in a window.  At least in that case there
was a border.

Checking CPU usage after a window Hibernate restart shows zero use by
VRPC.

This is no great loss to me as I never use Hibernate.  Repeated tests show
that the new Nvidea driver has totally fixed the sleep fault.

--
   //__))arry //unchard        mailto:barry.punchard at btinternet.com