[Virtualacorn-list] Boot-Configure Tool not quite right.

Dave Symes dave at triffid.co.uk
Mon Oct 19 11:13:00 BST 2009

In article <bbf.5c3bba0b.380d8efe at aol.com>,
   VA <atimbrell at aol.com> wrote:

[Snippy]
> Make sure that the Vista "User Account Control" is disabled from
> the Windows control panel.

> Aaron

Thanks for the thought Aaron.
Aside from already being aware of that one, UAC is Always disabled on
Vista. I can't abide things popping up every time I want to do something
with a query...

Thanks
Dave

The problem is now solved, after a  lot of time messing trying to get that
!Boot configure to behave, and all options at my disposal exhausted
(Including me) I decided to take another way out.

I moved the errant !Boot to a directory out of the way.
Moved in my original install !Boot and added Fay's required stuff from the
errant Boot then reconfigured to suit and match her SARPC.

This now works perfectly (As VRPC can) and while it did take a bit 'o
time, it was somewhat shorter than the most of Sunday I used up trying to
mend the broken !Boot.

Dave

--

Dave Triffid