[Virtualacorn-list] Boot-Configure Tool not quite right.

Dave Symes dave at triffid.co.uk
Sun Oct 18 17:05:34 BST 2009

VRPC Adjust-SA running Select RO 3.39 on a Vista install.

Anyone have any ideas please as my brain is about all bashed out...

If I Click on the Boot configuration tool "Look at"  Select an item, and
the flag to "Disable" or "Remove" after a reboot nothing has happend to
that entry.

If I drag a new entry to the window, it is displayed among the rest, but
after a reboot is not displayed there.

Going to the "Run" tool and the same applies.

For some reason I can't fathom the data is not being written back to the
!Boot.Choices.Users.Single.Boot.Desktop  file.

As a final test, I went to the above noted file and removed all the data
leaving just the Start and end markers for each section.
Rebooted obviouslt the config tools were now blank, added a couple of
items to each, did all the Sets and a reboot... still blank in the config
windows and blank in the file.

If I manually write an entry in that file it will now present in the
config tool window.
However, as before, while it works, it cannot be Disabled or removed from
the tool, only by doing it manually in the file.
Aaaaaaagh!

Any thoughts please?

Dave

The "Add to Apps" tool does seem to work.
D.

--

Dave Triffid