[Virtualacorn-list] Sound from a RiscCube

ATimbrell at aol.com ATimbrell at aol.com
Mon Nov 23 10:36:45 GMT 2009

ralph_valmai at ntlworld.com writes:

>I have attached the sound output (socket B10) at the back of my
>RiscCube to the stereo socket on Iiyama AU4831D monitor. I do get
>sound but it is very quiet indeed, fact there is nothing audible from
>songs and video clips, although there is a whisper of music when the
>machine is booted and there are tiny beeps occasionally.

>The  only information about the monitor speakers in the handbook is
>that they  can deliver a power of 1W.

>Does anyone have any ideas why it is so  quiet and/or have any ideas of
>alternative ways of getting a good sound  output? I am planning to
>install Skype in the new year.

I suspect that sound is turned down in Windows. There are seperate
sliders for different types of sound playback - some may be up
higher than others. My normal suggestion is to set them all
to full and user the master volume control.

You should have a sound icon in the task tray (bottom right of
the Windows descktop), if not then go to thw Windows Control
Panel, then to "Sounds and Audio devices". Then from the
"Volume" tab click on "Advanced".

Aaron