[Virtualacorn-list] Sound from a RiscCube

Jeremy Nicoll - virtualacorn jn.ml.vac.83 at wingsandbeaks.org.uk
Mon Nov 23 01:20:04 GMT 2009

ralph_valmai at ntlworld.com wrote:

> I have attached the sound output (socket B10) at the back of my
> RiscCube to the stereo socket on Iiyama AU4831D monitor. I do get
> sound but it is very quiet indeed....

Well, first, does it work when you play sounds in Windows?

Have you gone through the control panel 'sounds and audio devices' & 'sound
effect manager' (for the audio chip in the pc) stuff for configuring sound
outputs (on my laptop there's lots of options for defining what its built-
in speakers will do, and whether or not the 'line out' and/or headphone
sockets get anything at all).

Do you get sound in headphones plugged into the same socket?

Very faint sound (in audio generally, not just computers) sometimes suggests
an iffy connection where what you're hearing is interference or 'crosstalk'
on one channel or wire that normally you'd never hear because the much
louder sound on another cable would drown it out.