[Virtualacorn-list] Sound from a RiscCube

Brian Jordan brian.jordan9 at btinternet.com
Sun Nov 22 21:23:53 GMT 2009

This happened to me recently, not exactly the same hardware but exactly
the same symptoms in exactly the same circumstances. The solution here,
discovered after some days, was to turn the volume knob on the monitor
up; I had presumably nudged it while plugging in the leads.

Offered for what it is worth and with no implication that you would be as
silly as me ;-)

On 22 Nov, <ralph_valmai at ntlworld.com> wrote:
> I have attached the sound output (socket B10) at the back of my
> RiscCube to the stereo socket on Iiyama AU4831D monitor. I do get
> sound but it is very quiet indeed, fact there is nothing audible from
> songs and video clips, although there is a whisper of music when the
> machine is booted and there are tiny beeps occasionally.

> The only information about the monitor speakers in the handbook is
> that they can deliver a power of 1W.

> Does anyone have any ideas why it is so quiet and/or have any ideas of
> alternative ways of getting a good sound output? I am planning to
> install Skype in the new year.

> TIA

> Ralph

Brian Jordan