[Virtualacorn-list] Sound from a RiscCube

ralph_valmai at ntlworld.com ralph_valmai at ntlworld.com
Sun Nov 22 20:57:59 GMT 2009

I have attached the sound output (socket B10) at the back of my
RiscCube to the stereo socket on Iiyama AU4831D monitor. I do get
sound but it is very quiet indeed, fact there is nothing audible from
songs and video clips, although there is a whisper of music when the
machine is booted and there are tiny beeps occasionally.

The only information about the monitor speakers in the handbook is
that they can deliver a power of 1W.

Does anyone have any ideas why it is so quiet and/or have any ideas of
alternative ways of getting a good sound output? I am planning to
install Skype in the new year.

TIA

Ralph

--