[Virtualacorn-list] Unexpected message on this mail list...

Jeremy Nicoll - virtualacorn jn.ml.vac.83 at wingsandbeaks.org.uk
Wed Nov 4 19:09:02 GMT 2009

lists <Stuartlists at orpheusinternet.co.uk> wrote:

> I've been getting Phishing from "LloydsTSB" and "Natwest" to the Croug
> list.

Do you really mean to the list, or to the address you use for the list?

Is that address different from your very generic Stuartlists@ one used here?
I assume that orpheus works by allowing all its users to define/register a
few lefthandside (ie before the at) values?  The chance of a spammer sending
to 'stuartlists' is quite a lot higher I think than one choosing to send to
'jn.ml.vac.83' especially as all my many other vaguely similar email
addresses are not being hit with these spams.

(My original post was unclear.  The spam I got wasn't delivered through the
list mechanism [if it had been, we'd all have got it], but sent directly to
the email address I use only for this list.)