[Virtualacorn-list] Unexpected message on this mail list...

Jeremy Nicoll - virtualacorn jn.ml.vac.83 at wingsandbeaks.org.uk
Wed Nov 4 11:31:09 GMT 2009

Vince M Hudd <vince at softrock.co.uk> wrote:

> TBH, I'd be inclined to not change just yet - as soon as you post with the
> new address you'll be opening it up. It's probably better to wait until
> the infected machine is cleared ...

Good point.

> Or should I suspend him anyway, even though it's only a *suspicion*
> (albeit strong) that he has malware on his machine sending out spam?

Don't know...  Presumably the likelihood of that depends a bit on what email
client this person uses - ie how easily malware could have found out my
address.  I'm guessing - but maybe this is wrong? - that those of us who use
either RO clients, or obscure Windows ones (me) are much less likely to have
the problem, unless the malware thingy scans every file on a machine looking
for possible addresses.