[Virtualacorn-list] Unexpected message on this mail list...

Jeremy Nicoll - virtualacorn jn.ml.vac.83 at wingsandbeaks.org.uk
Tue Nov 3 18:13:33 GMT 2009

I just received a "LLoyds TSB" spam addressed to the email address I use
ONLY on this mailing list.  I do not think the address has ever been used
elsewhere - certainly Google does not find it on webpages or usenet posts.

I do not normally get spam to any of the somewhat peculiar-format email
addresses I use.  This suggests that someone else's machine, perhaps
containing an address book that has my address in it, may have been
compromised.

It'd be interesting if anyone else who uses an address unique to this list
also gets spam to that address.