[Virtualacorn-list] RISC OS 6 Installation Problem

Brian Carroll briancarroll at f2s.com
Mon Feb 2 20:28:22 GMT 2009

In article <c3b614f64f.chris at cumbrian.demon.co.uk>, Chris Hughes
<chris at noonehere.co.uk> wrote:

[Snip]

> That did not work for me, what did work was the access
> permissions for the user account (active directory rights).

> I found that for some reason my user (I am supposedly the only
> user account on this PC) was not giving me full permissions
> on certain folders, on the C drive, once I modified those
> rights it all worked.

I found this posting I kept from last year.

I have now got a good apparently stable installation of
VRPC-AdjustSA and I'm considering whether to try installing RISC
OS 6.xx from one of the unused single-machine CDs I bought at
the last two Wakefield shows.  I'm not unaware of the hassles
this might cause, having abandoned thoughts of installing on a
real RiscPC, but I cannot see any help on the matter on the VA
Forum.

Could I have some advice whether RO6.14 is likely to be stable
on my VRPC version, and how to sort out the user rights that
Chris refers to above. [I too have a single user machine with no
passwords or users set but no access to some root folders].

Also, is it necessary to remove the 'Read only' restriction from
HostFS::HardDisc4 , as Aaron recommends?

Brian.