[Virtualacorn-list] AVG note

Dr Peter Young pnyoung at ormail.co.uk
Sun Apr 19 08:57:48 BST 2009

On 18 Apr 2009  Dave Symes <dave at triffid.co.uk> wrote:

> Just a prompt in passing for those with VARPC installed on a MS-Win
> machine, also using AVG who might not have noticed.

> At the end of this month (30th) thereafter, AVGfree version 8 will no
> longer be updated, users must do a base engine update to version 8.5

But you can still get a free 8.5; I've done this, and following an
update needing a re-boot, my AVG now tells me:

AVG Version: 8.5.287
License type: Free

As I'm three-eighths Yorkshire and one-eighth Scottish, you won't find
me paying if I can get something free :-)

With best wishes,

Peter.

--
Peter, \  /      zfc Tm       \     Prestbury, Cheltenham,  Glos. GL52
Anne    \/ __            __    \                              England.
family /  \__/ \_/ | \| \__/     \______________ pnyoung at ormail.co.uk