[Virtualacorn-list] ShareFS producing triplicate unusable files on VRPC

ATimbrell at aol.com ATimbrell at aol.com
Tue Sep 23 12:53:56 BST 2008

In a message dated 23/09/2008 11:47:57 GMT Daylight Time,  druck at druck.org.uk
writes:

>VA's HostFS uses the native OS's filing system which does not support  RISC
>OS attibutes of load & exec addresses / file type & date  stamp, and has to
>store this information by adding extra characters to  the file name, then
>hiding these from RISC OS.

>It is likely  some problem in HostFS when driven by ShareFS background
>operations has  resulted in a file being created for each of the 3 stages
>described  above.

That's our current view of the problem. The new HostFS caches various
file information and updates the file after it's been written. However  I
suspect that in the case of ShareFS transfers the updating is  actually
happening before the file has been written.

Anyway we will know for sure fairly shortly.

Aaron