[Virtualacorn-list] Printing from VA via an Access shared printer

Chris Shepheard chris.shepheard at chrispics.co.uk
Mon Sep 29 19:42:09 BST 2008

I'm wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem and found a
solution.

I have VARPC-SA on a laptop and it prints absolutely fine via
Uni=Print to a printer connected directly or via a wireless printer
server to the Windows side.

However if I try to print to a shared printer connected to via native
RPC (via the wireless network) the print comes out fine but is pushed
up into the top left corner of the paper. If I transfer the file to
the RPC and print from there the margins are interpreted correctly.

This occurs no matter what program/application I am printing from and
it seems to me that the paper margins are being ignored in the
transfer between the two machines.

Can anyone make any suggestions as to where to start looking to cure
the problem?

Many thanks,
Chris

--