[Virtualacorn-list] Eee PC

lists Stuartlists at orpheusinternet.co.uk
Fri Sep 26 00:23:17 BST 2008

On 08 Sep, Stuartlists at orpheusinternet.co.uk wrote:
> On 07 Sep, lists <Stuartlists at orpheusinternet.co.uk> wrote:
> > However, a decision was taken this afternoon to by an Eee PC, the 9"
> > version with XP

> Ordered last night from CPC and extra paid for "Next day delivery before
> 12.00 noon" so should get it tomorrow morning

Well, it turned up by 11.00, however, when I turned it on it did not go
through the XP initialising process as expected and browsing it, I very
quickly discovered that it already had a profile set up.  I 'phoned CPC
who were very apologetic and couldn't understand how it had happened as
they were all fresh in from Asus.  He told me to return it and they would
arrange collection and replacement. When I explained I was off to Ireland
the following morning he told me to ring sales and order a new one and
they would pay the extra for the earliest guaranteed delivery service. The
old one would be collected on the Friday following my return, the
following Wednesday.

Well, the earliest guaranteed delivery was 9.00 and I wanted to be away at
8.00 to catch the 2 o'clock ferry so I decided to leave it till I
returned. As it turned out, I could have done it as I was allowing plenty
of time and we had good clear run, arriving at the ferry terminal with two
hours in hand.

Anyway, I have now had it a week but other things have prevented me from
doing anything other than the initial setup and considering what I can
remove to create more space.

Starsuite and MS works will be coming off and I was wondering if anyone
had any experience of using XPLite from  http://www.litepc.com/xplite.html

I obviously don't want any "recovery files" stored on my EeePC so I was
wondering about downloading it to my wife's PC and running it from there
over the network, in the hope that it will store everything on the PC's
Hard drive rather than on the EeePC.

Any thoughts?

Stuart.

--