[Virtualacorn-list] ShareFS producing triplicate unusable files on VRPC

David Pitt pittdj at pittdj.co.uk
Sun Sep 21 08:34:24 BST 2008

David Pitt <pittdj at pittdj.co.uk> wrote:

> Dr Peter Young <pnyoung at ormail.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > [Posted and mailed]
> >
> > I'm not sure whether this is a problem with ShareFS or with the update
> > of HostFS on VRPC, so I hope I will be excused if I cross-post it to
> > c.s.a.networking and the VA list, with a copy to Aaron. (PS to Aaron:
> > I'll probably phone you on Wednesday about my other problem, mentioned
> > on the forum.)
> >
> > In the last two or three days ShareFS has been behaving very oddly. If I
> > try to transfer files from this Iyo to either of two copies of VRPC for
> > Windows, I get on VRPC three copies of each file, with seemingly random
> > dates, and with two copies of each of zero length. Rather than try to
> > explain further, I've uploaded a screenshot of what I see, having
> > transferred an OPro and a DataPower file, in VRPC to
> > http://pnyoung.orpheusweb.co.uk/screen.jpg
> >
> > If I try to delete any of the zero-length files, they all three get
> > deleted. Needless to say, all of these files are completely unusable,
> > and I've been having to transfer via LanMan98 direct to the HostFS hard
> > disc.
> >
> > I haven't changed anything in ShareFS, and the only other thing I've
> > done is to install the upgrades of HostFS on both copies of VRPC.
> >
> > Any advice would be gratefully received.
>
> I have just discovered this phenomena on VRPC on WindowsXP. I was copying
> data from the Iyonix to VRPC using the Iyonix to make the copy.
>
> I retrieved the original dll from an Acronis backup.

Sorry pardon, due to a bit of DEADDEAD in the brain I meant to save that
post as a draft while I nipped over to the Vista partition to see what
happens there but pressed 'send' in error.

I do see the same "triplication" in Vista as shown in Peter's jpeg above.

VRPC-AdjustSA is used on both laptops.

--
David Pitt