[Virtualacorn-list] ShareFS producing triplicate unusable files on VRPC

Dr Peter Young pnyoung at ormail.co.uk
Sat Sep 20 14:41:58 BST 2008

[Posted and mailed]

I'm not sure whether this is a problem with ShareFS or with the update
of HostFS on VRPC, so I hope I will be excused if I cross-post it to
c.s.a.networking and the VA list, with a copy to Aaron. (PS to Aaron:
I'll probably phone you on Wednesday about my other problem, mentioned
on the forum.)

In the last two or three days ShareFS has been behaving very oddly. If
I try to transfer files from this Iyo to either of two copies of VRPC
for Windows, I get on VRPC three copies of each file, with seemingly
random dates, and with two copies of each of zero length. Rather than
try to explain further, I've uploaded a screenshot of what I see,
having transferred an OPro and a DataPower file, in VRPC to
http://pnyoung.orpheusweb.co.uk/screen.jpg

If I try to delete any of the zero-length files, they all three get
deleted. Needless to say, all of these files are completely unusable,
and I've been having to transfer via LanMan98 direct to the HostFS
hard disc.

I haven't changed anything in ShareFS, and the only other thing I've
done is to install the upgrades of HostFS on both copies of VRPC.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

With best wishes,

Peter.

--
Peter,  \   /                 \     Prestbury, Cheltenham,  Glos. GL52
Anne     \ / __            __  \                              England.