[Virtualacorn-list] Updates question

ATimbrell at aol.com ATimbrell at aol.com
Sun Sep 14 13:03:43 BST 2008

In a message dated 14/09/2008 07:32:23 GMT Daylight Time,  dave at triffid.co.uk
writes:

>However, fly and ointment have come into the picture, in that four of  the
>early updates cannot be found, they are reported as not existing,  both
>last night and this AM

>VRPC-SE Network update   5.9Mb
>Hardisk image update 8.1 Mb
>Boot update1  72K
>8  Mb Display update 103Kb

>On Firefox, The Error is:
>"The  requested URL/virtualacorn/virtualrpc-se/networkupdate.zip was not
>found  on this server.
>additionally, a 404 Not Found Error was encountered while  trying to use an
>error document handle request."

>Using MIE the  error is the same using different words.

>Same also on RO side with  Netsurf.

Sorry you had a problem with this Dave. I don't quite know what  had
happened as the links were correct last week :-( I can only
summise  that I did something and broke the links when I last
updated the page. I have  now corrected the problem and all the
links  work.

>Thoughts/Suggestions please.

Yes, when you find a problem with a website the best approach
is to contact the owner of the website directly, rather than
posting on a list. Generally speaking the only person who can
fix a website is the one who runs it. In this case me.

Consider yourself told :-)

Aaron