[Virtualacorn-list] VirtualRPC for the Mac - MacPop beta release 1

Brian Carroll briancarroll at f2s.com
Sat Sep 13 18:18:48 BST 2008

In article
<gemini.k74yvw004h8fm02rs at wingsandbeaks.org.uk.invalid>, Jeremy
Nicoll - virtualacorn <jn.ml.vac.83 at wingsandbeaks.org.uk> wrote:

[Snip]

> It's not /Windows/'s fault, but the client's.

> There's no such thing as "Subject Threading" as far as I know;
> you either have mails simply sorted by the Subject (and
> perhaps subsorted by dates etc), or you have threading.
> Threaded displays pay no attention whatsoever to what's in a
> mail's subject line - that's the whole point. The references
> and in-reply-to headers convey the structure of the
> conversation, regardless of what people type in the Subject
> line.

Pluto allows many ways to display a  mail box; 4 of them are
Threads-status, Threads-subject, Threads-score and Threads-latest.
I use the 2nd. In effect the reader sorts first by subject and
second connects the threads by using ... what?  The message ID
is present in Aaron's pstings but appears not to be used.

Brian.