[Virtualacorn-list] VirtualRPC for the Mac - MacPop beta release 1

Vince M Hudd vince at softrock.co.uk
Sat Sep 13 15:29:22 BST 2008

Brian Carroll <briancarroll at f2s.com> wrote:

[...]

> Clicking on the Message ID above goes to the posting so I wonder
> whether the threading failure is due to me, to Aaron's mail client
> or to the way Vince has set up the list? Can anything be done about
> it?

In order for an email client to correctly thread a post, it needs to
know which previous post it was in reply to. This is generally done by
looking at the last Message-ID on the References: line, or possibly
the Message-ID on the In-Reply-To: line (although I think Pluto only
uses the References: method, but ICBW).

However, it looks as though Aaron's email client doesn't include
either, so there is nothing for Pluto to latch on-to in order to
thread the article. I doubt he'll be unique - if there's anyone
subscribed who uses Posty, for example.

--
Vince M Hudd, Soft Rock Software   -   www.softrock.co.uk   -
www.vinceh.co.uk