[Virtualacorn-list] VirtualRPC for the Mac - MacPop beta release 1

Tim Powys-Lybbe tim at powys.org
Sat Sep 13 13:09:50 BST 2008

In message of 13 Sep, Brian Carroll <briancarroll at f2s.com> wrote:

> In article <d45.2c549044.35fbe9bb at aol.com>, <ATimbrell at aol.com>
> wrote:
> > Instead of doing what I was supposed to be doing this
> > afternoon I have knocked up an application called !MacPop.
> > This is designed to make it much easier to handle external
> > memory devices from inside VirtualRPC when running natively on
> > Mac OS X.

<snip>

> [Snip]

<yet more snip>

> I do have a small question though:  Tim's and Tricia's postings
> are correctly threaded by Pluto to Aaron's initial posting (as I
> expect this posting will be), but his second posting,
> <ce4.3e5a389b.35fce7e0 at aol.com> in reply to Tricia, is not.
> The same with other replies from Aaron.

Not true here.  Aaron's mailing are threaded OK.  But then I l9oked into
the darkest regions of my Reader software, none other than massengerPro,
and found that I had set 'Subject Threading' to ON.

For some reasons Windows is not sending the right threading information
along with Aaron's replies so Reference ID (or whatever it is that MPro
uses) threading does not work.  But Subject Threading does work.

Tim Powys-Lybbe                                          tim at powys.org
             For a miscellany of bygones: http://powys.org/