[Virtualacorn-list] VirtualRPC for the Mac - MacPop beta release 1

ATimbrell at aol.com ATimbrell at aol.com
Sat Sep 13 10:54:40 BST 2008

tricia at orchid-squad.org.uk writes:

>> Instead of doing what I was supposed to be doing this  afternoon
>> I have knocked up an application called !MacPop. This is  designed
>> to make it much easier to handle external memory devices  from
>> inside VirtualRPC when running natively on Mac OS X.

<snip>

>It works here too :-) It immediately recognised the 2Gb USB  stick
>which I plugged into the hub after starting VRPC. I look forward  to
>discovering what else it might recognise.

That's good. It should detect *anything* that's a storage device.
So that's hard drives, USB sticks, cameras, some MP3 players,
memory cards plugged in via an adapter, CDs, DVDS etc.

It may also (and I haven't tried any of these yet) pick up other
storage devices located over a network and it *might* work
with "blank" CDRs.

>Very nice, and many thanks.

Jolly good. I will need to do some more work on it as the interface
is very primative. However (so far) it seems that the principles
are sound and the underlying device detection code seems solid.

Any bug reports and/or suggestions are welcome.

Aaron (VirtualAcorn)