[Virtualacorn-list] New version of HostFS for Windows versions of VirtualRPC

Jeremy Nicoll - virtualacorn jn.ml.vac.83 at wingsandbeaks.org.uk
Thu Sep 11 13:17:41 BST 2008

ATimbrell at aol.com wrote:

> VirtualAcorn are pleased to announce the  immediate available of an
> updated version of HostFS for all Windows version  of VirtualRPC.

Thank-you!

> If anyone on the list has any problems installing  the updates or
> any other issues directly related to this update can they  please
> contact me directly, in the first instance, rather than posting  to
> the list.

I have some general questions about updates.

I bought my VRPC-SA Adjust in late 2006.  When the Jan 2007 update was
announced I downloaded it but (I'm embarrassed to have to admit) that it's
not totally clear from my notes whether I actually installed it.

How can I tell - do updates 'register' in Control-Panel's add/remove
programs facility?  (If I press F1 under VRPC I get an error message about
an uninstalled helpfile - is that the unfixed behaviour, or a separate
problem?).  Or is there anything eg in the VRPC "About VRPC" info that will
show if an update is present?  Or a .exe's file date or something?

Secondly, if one installs an update, and there's a problem, how does one
revert to the previous level?