[Virtualacorn-list] New version of HostFS for Windows versions of VirtualRPC

ATimbrell at aol.com ATimbrell at aol.com
Thu Sep 11 10:22:45 BST 2008

VirtualAcorn are pleased to announce the  immediate available of an
updated version of HostFS for all Windows version  of VirtualRPC.

The updates can be downloaded from the VirtualAcorn  downloads
section of our website  at:

http://www.virtualacorn.co.uk/download.htm

This update  addresses the following issues:

New version of HostFS that preserves the  datestamps of files
when copying.

Datestamps of archive files are not  updated when the archive is
opened, update only occurs when the archive is  changed.

A new HostClock plugin designed to prevent the  occasional
problem of the RISC OS clock getting the year wrong.

Instruction file for activating the HostClock plugin.

Shortcut  to the VirtualAcorn forums placed in the Tutorials directory.

VirtualAcorn would like to extend their thanks to the numerous
beta  testers who have been testing the new HostFS and the
HostClock plugin over  the last few months.

If anyone on the list has any problems installing  the updates or
any other issues directly related to this update can they  please
contact me directly, in the first instance, rather than posting  to
the list.

There's some quite big changes under the hood on this  update,
which is why we have been testing various versions of this for
so  long as we want to ensure that there are no unwanted side
effects to the  changes.

Aaron (VirtualAcorn)