[Virtualacorn-list] VAclipboard.dll not found...

Dave Symes dave at triffid.co.uk
Wed Sep 10 18:58:46 BST 2008

In article <gemini.k6zlgk00glrt300ks at wingsandbeaks.org.uk.invalid>,
   Jeremy Nicoll - virtualacorn <jn.ml.vac.83 at wingsandbeaks.org.uk> wrote:
> Dave Symes <dave at triffid.co.uk> wrote:

> > The above suggestion works for a couple of days then the error nag
> > returned, did the above again and it went away. It returned again this
> > AM, again ran as administrator, and it worked okay until a Windows
> > reboot (Update Reboot) then the dll err was back again.
> >
> > Anyone know of a serious stopper for this problem.

> No, but presumably when you perform the fix, something gets changed in
> the registry in an entry determining how that dll should be run.  And
> some other process is subsequently changing/removing the registry entry?
>  Maybe checking what the entry concerned (whatevr it is) looks like
> every so often would help.

> I don't know what the 'update' in 'update reboot' means, is it different
> from an ordinary reboot?

(Update reboot) Actually it is not really relevant as it'll happen after I
first switch it on, as happened at 5:OO AM this morning. (A cold Boot).
I then re-ran VRPC as administrator, and that worked, did my work and then
completely closed VRPC down.

By that time Windows had left a note on my Task bar about a number of
Windows Vista Updates and a couple of additional items, seven in all.
I gave permission for them to be installed, and at the end it required  a
reboot of the machine to finish the install of some Vista System files.

I gave permission and it did and auto close down and reboot.

Later when I ran VRPC the err message was back, so I ran VRPC again as
administrator, and that was okay.

Machine has been off all day, just cold booted the Laptop and then VRPC
and the ...king message is back, exit re-run as admin, okay.

I have been in and pored over the registry entries for VRPC in both states,
but I've not seen any change to the key data.

I think it must just be a VRPC/Vista BUG as other have encountered the
problem.
Dave S