[Virtualacorn-list] USB Flash drive recognition

Tim Powys-Lybbe tim at powys.org
Wed Sep 10 19:08:18 BST 2008

In message of 10 Sep, Tricia Garner <tricia at orchid-squad.org.uk> wrote:

<snip instrs to read USB sticks on VA on Mac>

> Well, I'll be damned - it works! Essentially what I was told on the
> forum but your instructions were easier to follow - the 'Browse' bit
> was the clincher... Many thanks.

A pleasure from, amongst my many trades, an ex industrial trainer.

<snip on ShareFS>

> I do use ShareFS and/or FTPc to transfer larger files but I really
> wanted a quick way to backup my bank account files separately from
> (and in addition to) the main backup.

Not sure I follow this.  The beauty of ShareFS is that you can open any
directory or file you want on any area that you have shared.

All you need is the copy command in the form:

   Copy <source> <destination>

or with a bit of a guide:

Copy share::Iyonix.$.directory.directory HostFS::HardDisc4.$.localdir.localdir

and once you have got the command sorted out, put it in an Obey File,
dump than on your pinboard and one click and your copying is done.

Tim Powys-Lybbe                                          tim at powys.org
             For a miscellany of bygones: http://powys.org/