[Virtualacorn-list] MIME mappings

Adam lists at snowstone.org.uk
Tue Sep 9 23:17:33 BST 2008

In message <4fdc4ba118tricia at orchid-squad.org.uk>, Tricia Garner  wrote:

> Some email attachments received are not being correctly typed (all
> are typed Data

HostFS has a knack of typing things as Data which should be Text (the
syslog logs are the same).

>, except image files). there is a suitable MimeMap file
> in Boot>Resources>!Internet>files and also in
> Boot>Choices>Default>Internet>Files but if I click on the MimeMap
> icon in Boot's Network configuration window I get an error message:
>
> Syntax: *Filer_Run [-noshift] [-type <filetype>] <file>|<application>
>
> I'm not sure if the MimeMap files are in the correct place(s) - given
> the error message it seems to me they are not. Can anyone suggest a
> fix?

Yes, set the type of your MimeMap file to text.

(Plug-mode: to be doubley sure, you could use MimeMan from the link in
my sig, to get an up-to-date MimeMap file.)

Adam

--
Adam Richardson          Carpe Diem
http://www.snowstone.org.uk/riscos/