[Virtualacorn-list] USB Flash drive recognition

Tim Powys-Lybbe tim at powys.org
Tue Sep 9 23:05:51 BST 2008

In message of 9 Sep, Tricia Garner <tricia at orchid-squad.org.uk> wrote:

> I have a 2Gb USB Flash Drive and am hoping to use it to transfer
> files from the Iyonix to VA but haven't been able to get VA to
> recognise it yet.
>
> Is it possible and if so what is the necessary configuration? I'm
> using VRPC Adjust SA for Mac on an iMac Leopard 10.5.4. A very kind
> contributor to the forum has tried to help but I have had no luck
> following his suggestions so far.

I can't do it here on my Mac.  If it is possible it has to be through
using the Mount facility which you find in the Preferences of VirtualRPC
on the top Apple menubar.  But so far I cannot work out how enter the
location of the extra disc.

Perhaps what is needed with the Mount facility is an option to browse the
Mac machine.

Having said all that, I used ShareFS to transfer very easily from Iyonix
to VA.  All you need is to have both machines on the one network.

Tim Powys-Lybbe                                          tim at powys.org
             For a miscellany of bygones: http://powys.org/