[Virtualacorn-list] Old problems with VARPC on a Mac

Jeremy Nicoll - virtualacorn jn.ml.vac.83 at wingsandbeaks.org.uk
Sun Sep 7 20:12:26 BST 2008

Tim Powys-Lybbe <tim at powys.org> wrote:

> I have been using VARPC on a new Mac for about two weeks now, probably
> leading to the virtual retirement of my Iyonix.  We shall see on the
> latter score.  But there have been one or two problems and any views on
> any of them wold be much appreciated:
>
>   1. I cannot lock any files.  Is this a Mac feature or is it a VARPC
>      one?

This is also the case for files on HostFS, on my XP system.  Are you using
HostFS?

What I particularly dislike about locks not being applied is that when you
use the Filer to lock a HostFS file there's no indication that it didn't
actually happen.  Even greying-out the Lock (etc) options for HostFS files
would be an improvement.