[Virtualacorn-list] Here

lists Stuartlists at orpheusinternet.co.uk
Sun Sep 7 14:35:25 BST 2008

On 07 Sep, Tim Powys-Lybbe <tim at powys.org> wrote:
> Having been accused with you of 'lazyness' [sic], I am here too!

> Was Napier lazy when he invented logarithms to make multiplication and
> division easier?  (Does anyone do logs these days?)

There was an occasion a few weeks ago, can't remember why, when I got out
my log tables (5 figure) and had to read the front of the book because I
couldn't remember how to look up what I wanted to know.

I can still do multiplication and division with my slide rule though :-)

--
Stuart Winsor

See: http://www.barndance.org.uk