[Virtualacorn-list] News messages not debatched in Pluto

Brian Carroll briancarroll at f2s.com
Mon Oct 13 21:09:05 BST 2008

In article <4fedc66f74kcwright at ormail.co.uk>, Ken Wright
<kcwright at ormail.co.uk> wrote:

[Snip]

> Thanks for your reply, Dave.  I've done all that you suggested
> but it still doesn't work.  It's not that manually importing
> news to Pluto is difficult but it's irritating to find that on
> my R7500 it all works OK but not on VA.  I'll do a little more
> fiddling around. ...

I think it might be that Pluto has to be reset to the files it
needs in the new installation; I had a similar problem I think
but it's long ago now.

To reset Pluto, go to Iconbar_menu > Preferences > News/Mail.
Set News Transport and Mail Transport to (none), then click OK.
Make sure NewsHound and Hermes are running then repeat all this
but re-setting the Transports to NewsHound and Hermes (or
whatever). When you click OK the correct pointers are written
into Pluto's config file (which can be in either of 2 places).

NB: On no account try to modify the config file by hand as you
will certainly devastate Pluto :-(

Brian.