[Virtualacorn-list] News messages not debatched in Pluto

Dave Symes dave at triffid.co.uk
Sun Oct 12 21:33:05 BST 2008

In article <4fed3e133akcwright at ormail.co.uk>,
   Ken Wright <kcwright at ormail.co.uk> wrote:
> I have a RisCube and recently purchased !NetFetch3 for sending and
> fetching email and news to be read on Pluto.  Formerly I used
> !Voyager with Pluto on my RiscStation R7500 and find that NetFetch
> works fine on the R7500 and all email and news is debatched to
> Pluto.  On VA however, although email is sent and debatched
> automagically in Pluto, not so news messages.  News messages are
> fetched OK, but are not debatched when the debatch button is
> clicked on Pluto.  I have to shift-click on the Netfetch icon and
> go to the file !NetFetch.Apps.!Newshound.News.folder and
> drag-and-drop the file dunNews there on to the Pluto icon to
> download the messages to Pluto then delete the dunNews file ready
> for the next fetch.  Pluto transports are set exactly as they are
> on the R7500, i.e. Hermes for email and NewsHound for news.  I have
> a broadband connection.
> Has anyone any suggestions how to completely automate news
> fetch/read on VA?
> Ken Wright

This is how mine does it.
Does your ...!NetFetch.Apps.!NewsHound.Config.Config file have the line?

"runfetchend: Yes"  (Without quotes)

If so, does the Newshound app dir have a,
...!NetFetch.Apps.!NewsHound.!FetchEnd file?

If yes, open it, then open the !Run file it contains in a text editor, Bar
out whatever is already in there (Shift \) and add the following line.

IfThere <Pluto$Dir>.!Run Then run <Pluto$Dir>.!Run -news

Save it, and hopefully Newshound will now auto debatch into Pluto.

Dave S