[Virtualacorn-list] An Iyonix Replacement?

Chris Hughes chris at noonehere.co.uk
Mon Oct 6 22:57:31 BST 2008

In message <4fea1ebebfbriancarroll at f2s.com>
          Brian Carroll <briancarroll at f2s.com> wrote:

> In article <d29.31459654.361b4dbc at aol.com>, <ATimbrell at aol.com>
> wrote:
>> In a message dated 06/10/2008 12:07:21 GMT Daylight Time,
>> druck at druck.org.uk writes:

> [Snip]

>>>I am also very intrested in this, having expressly purchased
>>>an upgrade to VRPC-SA (from SE) on the understanding that a
>>>driver for  RISC OS 6 would address these display issues.
>>>That was at the South East  show this time last year, and I
>>>have not heard of any progress.
>>
>> I am a little confused about this one. The RISC OS 6 Video
>> driver (that supports the 8Mb of VRAM under VirtualRPC) was
>> released as part of RISC OS 6.10 - at Wakefield this year. So
>> if you are a current Select Subscriber and have your RISC OS
>> 6.10 CD - then you have the driver built into the RISC OS
>> softload ROM.

> Does this apply also to those like me who are not Select
> subscribers but who bought the 1-off version of RISC OS 6.10 at
> Wakefield?

I thought the standalone version was still 6.06 not 6.10

> I am not now using this on my RiscPC so I suppose I am free to
> use it with VRPC instead.

If its the single user version then it can only be put on one
computer, either RiscPC or VRPC in your case. I have the Select
subscription which means I can install it on up to 10 computers, its
on 5 here, so 20 quid per computer!

--
Chris Hughes