[Virtualacorn-list] VirtualRPC Speed Comparisons...

ATimbrell at aol.com ATimbrell at aol.com
Wed Oct 8 11:00:56 BST 2008

Having seen a few posting on here about the  speed of VirtualRPC
on the Mac (mainly with regard to loading a 72Mb bitmap)  I want
to investigate why the VRPC for the Mac doesn't seem to  be
performing as it should

The first thing I would like to check is the BogoMips result.

A copy of !Desk_Bogo can be found in:

HostFS::HardDisc4.$.Utilities.Speedtests

If possible I would like to see the results from both PC and
Macs to get some comparisons.

In order to run the test:

Firstly quit any non ROM based apps that are running.
(You can leave !Printers, !Alarm!, !Draw, !Edit etc)
Load the !Desk_Bogo application.
Click on the "Start" button to run the test.

In order to average out the values can the !Desk_Bogo app
be run three times and the result posted as per this example:

OS :  Windows XP
Processor : Core2Duo 2.13Ghz
BogoMips :405

Thanks