[Virtualacorn-list] Trouble after last upgrade

Brian Jordan brian.jordan9 at btinternet.com
Sat Dec 13 10:59:24 GMT 2008

In message <mpro.kbt2p3000qrnf04bg.pittdj at pittdj.co.uk>
          David Pitt <pittdj at pittdj.co.uk> wrote:

> Jochen Lueg <jochenlueg at btinternet.com> wrote:

>> In article <b56aac0c50.Brian at brian.jordan9.btinternet.com>,
>>    Brian Jordan <brian.jordan9 at btinternet.com> wrote:
>>

>>> It is much worse than this! I advise that no-one uses this patch until
>>> it has been fixed. It is impossible to re-type these files (and more
>>> types are coming to light as I work - css for one)
>>
>> Can one undo that patch, or is it a re-install?

> Yes, just restore the original Hostfs2.dll in Plugins/HostFS2. As I recall
> the release notes recommended taking a copy of the HostFS2 directory.

The upgrade I downloaded and installed yesterday was an archive
<hostfsdec2008.zip> containing a single file <Dec2008.exe>. There are
no release notes, caveats nor warnings included as far as I can see. I
know that a previous release had these problems but assumed in the
absence of such warnings (yes, I know...) that this new release would
be OK. After installation and on the next start of VA a page of
instructions opened explaining how to activate HostClock and this
included the instruction to back up and then modify files in the
<Models> directory which I carefully did in the expectation that
reverting to the backed up files would overcome any problems
introduced by the upgrade. Sadly not, reverting to the old Models
doesn't fix the HostFS problem for the reasons you explain so it looks
like a complete reinstall from the CD is the only way to go as it is
impossible to locate the original Hostfs2.dll on it. Unless some kind
soul would be interested in earning my everlasting gratitude... (The
email address from which this is sent is valid)

Brian

Brian Jordan