[Bru-list] Extra February meeting(s)

Vince M Hudd atdotcodotuk at dotcodotukat.co.uk
Thu Feb 20 10:43:58 GMT 2020

On 19/02/2020 22:34, Contact (3rdevent.net) via Bru-list wrote:
> Vince M Hudd via Bru-list wrote:
>> On 19/02/2020 12:47, Ian Nichols via Bru-list wrote:

>>> The Air Balloon may be too far out for most, but is about 200 yds from
>>> where I live.  Never been in there though.

> There is also another Air Balloon at the Y junction on Two mile
> hill/Church rd. in st.George IIRC. ;)

Just checked... there was an Air Balloon Tavern there, but it has
apparently been flats for quite a while now.

And if that was the Air Balloon Ian meant, the Barley Mow is still...

>> The Barley Mow is not a huge distance from the Black Castle - and if
>> that's where you are, it's probably marginally closer.

As a percentage, though, it becomes less marginally and more
significantly closer! :p

[which Barley Mow]

> I was on about the one around the back of Old Market near Gardner
> Haskins, used to go there for Sunday Lunch.

Okay, we were talking about the same one.

> The one at the end of my street (the wrong one), is literally not the
> Pub, you'd only go in there for your morning drink before you place a
> bet next door, and only food you're likely to get in there is bar snacks
> or from some junky passing through offering to get your shopping from
> asda across the road for half the price.

Also just around the corner from the care home my brother's in at the
moment (or was recently - I don't know if he's been moved again).

Anyway, given that it's tonight, and we've mentioned lots of places and
the only other input we've had was from Chris with a glowing one word
review of one place (with no idea how recently applicable it is) I think
I'm going to have to call it: The Barley Mow it is. (On Barton Road, Old
Market, and not East Street)

See [all/some/hardly any/none] of you there tonight.

I'll send Bryan an email separately in case he doesn't spot this on the
list.

--
Vince M Hudd
Soft Rock Software - www.softrock.co.uk