[Bru-list] Extra February meeting(s)

Vince M Hudd atdotcodotuk at dotcodotukat.co.uk
Wed Feb 12 20:22:54 GMT 2020

On 07/02/2020 16:29, Contact (3rdevent.net) via Bru-list wrote:
> Vince M Hudd via Bru-list wrote:

>> On 07/02/2020 11:46, Contact (3rdevent.net) via Bru-list wrote:

[snip previously discussed places]

I previously assumed that before coming out to meet up with us, Bryan
would want to return to the hotel after wandering around during the day.
Hence my original thought was to look for somewhere in that area.

However, he's emailed me to say he's happy to come straight to us from
wherever he's visited - giving the museum as an example.

On that basis, we could potentially look for somewhere in that sort of area.

Suggestions welcome - but a quick look online before I nip out to grab
some grub:

An obvious choice is The Eldon House - parking's adequate, but the menu
is a bit light on options and has been known to be non-existent. I'm not
keen on that one.

http://www.theeldonhouse.com/

Down the road is The Hope and Anchor. No idea what that's like these
days - and the website is just returning forbidden, so that's useful.

http://www.hopeanchorbristol.com/

Down at the bottom on St George's Road there's The Three Tuns - which I
think is where we hobbled off to when the Eldon had no food(?). Can't
see a website atm.

Along Hotwells Road there's the Mardyke - but the only URL I can find
redirects to a one of those tacky website builder websites.

Further along is The Merchants Arms - again no website that I can see.

Less than 200metres from the Eldon House (as the crow flies, not
walking/driving distance) there's The Lansdown Bristol.

https://www.thelansdown.com/

Moving slightly further afield (in case Bryan hops over towards the
Clifton Suspension Bridge etc) there's the White Lion. Looks like it's
connected to the Avon Gorge Hotel.

https://www.hotelduvin.com/locations/bristol-avon-gorge/white-lion/

Down the road is the Portcullis - but good grief what a slow website.
Ah... first and third Thursdays is quiz night, so that's not ideal.

https://www.theportcullisclifton.com/

--
Vince M Hudd - Soft Rock Software   - www.softrock.co.uk
                RISCOSitory          - www.riscository.com