[Bru-list] Extra February meeting(s)

Vince M Hudd atdotcodotuk at dotcodotukat.co.uk
Fri Feb 7 09:51:37 GMT 2020

Hi folks,

20th February
-------------

I've now heard from Bryan Hogan. He's expecting to be in town from
Thursday, 20th - so it's an extra gathering that evening for those who
can make it.

He should be staying at the Arnos Manor, so on that basis I'm suggesting
the Black Castle for the meet up, rather than the hotel bar like last
year. (Although we could gather in the hotel bar then head over to the
Black Castle).

Or: Alternative suggestions, please. Criteria: Parking for me, easy to
get to by public transport for those coming by bus, and easy for Bryan
to find/get to (so my thoughts are automatically 'something nearby').

Off the top of my head:

* The Banco Lounge covers two out of those three - but last time I was
in there, parking was a nightmare.

* The one (I've forgotten the name of) half way between would also be a
problem for parking, but fine again for Bryan and bus travellers.

* At the top of the hill there's the Loddeca, which has parking and is a
similar distance to the hotel as the Banco Lounge (I think - but it's an
uphill trek) but I don't know about buses.

* There's a pub just over the road from the hotel on Sandy Park Road (or
is it Lane?), again the name of which I've forgotten.

* And, although my initial suggestion is the Black Castle and NOT the
hotel bar, I suppose I have to include the bar itself on the list of
possibilities.

21st February

I've yet to hear from Richard about the night before the show, but there
is usually a meal that evening. This probably *will* be at the Black Castle.

22nd February

The day of the show itself, as per 21st.

--
Vince M Hudd - Soft Rock Software   - www.softrock.co.uk
                RISCOSitory          - www.riscository.com