[Bru-list] Next meeting: 13th November

Contact (3rdevent.net) contact at 3rdevent.net
Wed Nov 6 16:22:39 GMT 2019

Steven J Green via Bru-list wrote:
> On 06 Nov, Vince M Hudd via Bru-list <bru-list at riscository.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> I'll be posting an announcement at some point over the weekend - so, as
>> usual, if anyone has anything they're planning to bring and which I
>> could therefore include, let me know ASAP.
>>

>> Additionally, I want to suggest that we consider changing venues, given
>> that the food situation at Eldon House has become a bit wanting. (As in
>> "I want something to eat, but if there's anything on the menu, I'm lucky
>> if someone else hasn't already ordered the last of it").
>>

>> My initial thought for an alternative is perhaps the Black Castle - for
>> some it's convenient, for me there's parking (albeit limited to three
>> hours) and the menu offers plenty of choice.
>>

>> (But also bear in mind I have seen comments from Eldon House about a
>> recent change of ownership that mention they're planning better food
>> options - so it may be that it is or will be fine.)
>>

>> --
>> Vince M Hudd
>> Soft Rock Software - www.softrock.co.uk
>> RISCOSitory        - www.riscository.com
>>

> I still haven't (quite) moved so expect to be at the meeting next week...
>
> The Eldon House website "About" page includes the words "the new team aim
> to have a full menu on offer by October 2019". I personally prefer the
> Eldon House to the Black Castle: may give Eldon one more chance? The same
> page also goes on to advise that the return of Sunday lunch will be
> advertised on Facebook, which I don't use - maybe someone who does can
> check if such an announcement has yet been made and advise? This could give
> a clue as to whether or not weekday evening food might be available.
>
> regards
>
> Steve

Don't actually need to be registered with FB to view the public pages.
They've posted a menu recently, I don't know if this is a reflection of
their everyday food offerings;
https://m.facebook.com/eldon.house/photos/pcb.1410566745769911/1410566602436592

Nothing to announce (yet). I'm pretty much complete with the
base/testing code for porting my digital fairground organ engine to the
Pi, but none of it has been implemented in the main system yet, so
nothing to really show.

I've been kicked off FB again (not allowed to be anonymous), so I can't
post any group meeting notice there, but I'll do reddit.

qUE